According to Apollo 13’s Ed Harris, who portrays Watergate burglar E. Howard Hunt in Oliver Stone’s Nixon biopic, history is not about to repeat itself. ”[Nixon] won’t cause the same controversies [as JFK],” says Harris. ”It’s a great script, and a very fair look at this guy. It doesn’t applaud him, but it doesn’t condemn him.” In fact, the set was buzzing not with Watergate conspiracy theories but with Anthony Hopkins’ transformation into Nixon. ”It was great to watch him getting this guy down,” says Harris. ”Some of the moments would be startling. James Woods [who plays H.R. Haldeman] said Hopkins was just blowing his mind.” Harris, however, had a much harder time getting to the heart of Hunt. ”What research?” laughs the actor. ”These guys were pretty secretive. Let’s just say there’s not a lot of interviews and footage on my character — until later, of course.”
Posted June 30 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber wants Tyler Perry to play him in a TV show about his life
- Justin Bieber sings 'Where Are U Now' as a country ballad
- Janet Jackson reveals release date and track list for 'Unbreakable'
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after VMAs performance
- 'Survivor' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!