Since its 1964 debut, NBC’s Another World has survived on the basis of its fine acting. Good news: The acting is still Emmy-worthy (and love the theme). Bad news: Who watches daytime for the acting? This soap needs some sex and controversy. Fast. Linda Dano and Randy Brooks’ interracial romance was promising, but if you blinked, you missed it. The production also needs a cash infusion. Those ancient sets are dark and creepy. And the costumes? Clown-college rejects. Famous grads: Morgan Freeman, Faith Ford, Ray Liotta, Eric Roberts. Hunk/babe alert: Timothy Gibbs (Gary) and Kevin McClatchy (Nick) are welcome additions to the hunk-lite AW, but they’re all talk and no action. Someone, take off their clothes! Anna Holbrook (Sharlene) is a classic beauty, but she has been turned into a schlump. Recommended dosage: Tape it and skim.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- PopWatch Confessional: What do you watch when you're homesick?
- Lee Daniels on Mo'Nique's 'blackballed' essay
- Tom Ellis cast as Lucifer in DC Comics-based pilot
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- Normal's affordable, custom-fit earphones are disrupting the headphone game
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!