Since its 1964 debut, NBC’s Another World has survived on the basis of its fine acting. Good news: The acting is still Emmy-worthy (and love the theme). Bad news: Who watches daytime for the acting? This soap needs some sex and controversy. Fast. Linda Dano and Randy Brooks’ interracial romance was promising, but if you blinked, you missed it. The production also needs a cash infusion. Those ancient sets are dark and creepy. And the costumes? Clown-college rejects. Famous grads: Morgan Freeman, Faith Ford, Ray Liotta, Eric Roberts. Hunk/babe alert: Timothy Gibbs (Gary) and Kevin McClatchy (Nick) are welcome additions to the hunk-lite AW, but they’re all talk and no action. Someone, take off their clothes! Anna Holbrook (Sharlene) is a classic beauty, but she has been turned into a schlump. Recommended dosage: Tape it and skim.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel