Since its 1964 debut, NBC’s Another World has survived on the basis of its fine acting. Good news: The acting is still Emmy-worthy (and love the theme). Bad news: Who watches daytime for the acting? This soap needs some sex and controversy. Fast. Linda Dano and Randy Brooks’ interracial romance was promising, but if you blinked, you missed it. The production also needs a cash infusion. Those ancient sets are dark and creepy. And the costumes? Clown-college rejects. Famous grads: Morgan Freeman, Faith Ford, Ray Liotta, Eric Roberts. Hunk/babe alert: Timothy Gibbs (Gary) and Kevin McClatchy (Nick) are welcome additions to the hunk-lite AW, but they’re all talk and no action. Someone, take off their clothes! Anna Holbrook (Sharlene) is a classic beauty, but she has been turned into a schlump. Recommended dosage: Tape it and skim.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- New 'San Andreas' trailer cautions 'global event' coming
- Andrew Garfield in Martin Scorsese's 'Silence': EW exclusive First Look
- Was that Bob Dylan on 'Mad Men' last night?
- Mel Gibson talks 'Mad Max' for new Blu-ray release: EW exclusive sneak peek
- 'Tyrant' season 2 trailer: 'Blood guarantees nothing'
- The Chemical Brothers and Q-Tip share 'Go' video, directed by Michel Gondry
- Miley Cyrus & Zoe Kravitz star in explicit Lolawolf video
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!