The Mafia and the FBI compete to run a seafood restaurant in the thriller Bone in the Throat by noted New York City chef Anthony Bourdain. The hero is a young cook torn between loyalty to his gangster uncle and his moral principles — roughly stated, you are what you eat. Good guys are the ones who never burn the garlic or overcook the veal. Bad guys use canned tomato paste and drink beer with dessert. Murder our hero can overlook, but when he’s ordered to deep-fry squid, he rebels. His food-based morality is an amusing notion, with satiric possibilities that beg pursual. Instead, Bourdain follows a familiar recipe, a dumbed-down version of The Godfather. Line cooks’ lingo and gourmet tips on filleting salmon alternate with unappetizing scenes of kitchen mayhem, pantry sex, and downtown sleaze. Goombah, pass the Alka-Seltzer. C
Bone in the Throat The Mafia and the FBI compete to run a seafood restaurant in the thriller Bone in the Throat by noted New York City chef Anthony...Bone in the ThroatMystery and Thriller, FictionAnthony Bourdain The Mafia and the FBI compete to run a seafood restaurant in the thriller Bone in the Throat by noted New York City chef Anthony...1995-08-04Villard Books
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Anthony Bourdain; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!