The main attraction on Juvenilia isn’t Liz Phair’s straight-faced cover of the new-wave masturbation anthem ”Turning Japanese”; it’s the release of six songs from the homemade tapes that helped land Phair a record deal. Low-fi and basement-tape intimate, the tunes are more half-finished musings than finished melodies. But her droll delivery, unconventional guitar strummings, references to leaving home — and, yep, use of the F-word — shows she always knew exactly where she was heading. B
Juvenilia The main attraction on Juvenilia isn't Liz Phair's straight-faced cover of the new-wave masturbation anthem ''Turning Japanese''; it's...JuveniliaRock The main attraction on Juvenilia isn't Liz Phair's straight-faced cover of the new-wave masturbation anthem ''Turning Japanese''; it's...1995-08-04
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Liz Phair; Producer (group): Matador
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!