No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody’s Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about responsibility and affection, not to mention Paul Newman. As Sully, a small-town ne’er-do-well who’s long gotten by on charm but little else, Newman is as restrained as the rest of the estimable Nobody’s Fool cast, which includes Melanie Griffith, as a lonely woman who almost wins Sully’s heart, and Bruce Willis, revealing that he can actually be an actor when he doesn’t have to play a cartoon. The often static result is as far from a cinematic roller coaster as you can get, which sometimes is exactly where to be. B
Nobody's Fool No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody's Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about...Nobody's FoolDramaRobert BentonR No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody's Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about...1995-08-04Melanie GriffithBruce WillisMelanie Griffith, Bruce Willis
Genre: Drama; Starring: Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, Melanie Griffith, Bruce Willis; Director: Robert Benton; Author: Robert Benton; MPAA Rating: R
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...