No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody’s Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about responsibility and affection, not to mention Paul Newman. As Sully, a small-town ne’er-do-well who’s long gotten by on charm but little else, Newman is as restrained as the rest of the estimable Nobody’s Fool cast, which includes Melanie Griffith, as a lonely woman who almost wins Sully’s heart, and Bruce Willis, revealing that he can actually be an actor when he doesn’t have to play a cartoon. The often static result is as far from a cinematic roller coaster as you can get, which sometimes is exactly where to be. B
Nobody's Fool No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody's Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about...Nobody's FoolDramaRobert BentonR No helicopters, gunfights, or computer animation; no humid sex. Then what does Nobody's Fool have? A slightly shaggy story about...1995-08-04Melanie GriffithBruce WillisMelanie Griffith, Bruce Willis
Genre: Drama; Starring: Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, Melanie Griffith, Bruce Willis; Director: Robert Benton; Author: Robert Benton; MPAA Rating: R
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!