Julia Roberts fans take note: The Pretty Woman doesn’t have six movies opening this month. It’s just that her new film has had six titles. The Aug. 4 release, originally Grace Under Pressure, was retitled Sisters, The Kings of Carolina, Game of Love, Power of Love, and, finally, Something to Talk About. According to director Lasse Hallstrom, Warner Bros. changed the name when it discovered that Grace Under Pressure was registered for an upcoming Rosie Perez comedy. ”We’ve been searching for the perfect title,” says Hallstrom, who adds that test marketing prompted the studio to go with Something to Talk About, after the Bonnie Raitt tune heard on the soundtrack. The deciding factor? ”It doesn’t hurt that it’s a popular song with [the film’s] target audience,” says Warner advertising chief Rob Friedman.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video