Julia Roberts fans take note: The Pretty Woman doesn’t have six movies opening this month. It’s just that her new film has had six titles. The Aug. 4 release, originally Grace Under Pressure, was retitled Sisters, The Kings of Carolina, Game of Love, Power of Love, and, finally, Something to Talk About. According to director Lasse Hallstrom, Warner Bros. changed the name when it discovered that Grace Under Pressure was registered for an upcoming Rosie Perez comedy. ”We’ve been searching for the perfect title,” says Hallstrom, who adds that test marketing prompted the studio to go with Something to Talk About, after the Bonnie Raitt tune heard on the soundtrack. The deciding factor? ”It doesn’t hurt that it’s a popular song with [the film’s] target audience,” says Warner advertising chief Rob Friedman.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Vikings: Katheryn Winnick on Lagertha's season 3 plans
- The CW eyes Arrow-Flash spin-off with superhero team-up
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!