Julia Roberts fans take note: The Pretty Woman doesn’t have six movies opening this month. It’s just that her new film has had six titles. The Aug. 4 release, originally Grace Under Pressure, was retitled Sisters, The Kings of Carolina, Game of Love, Power of Love, and, finally, Something to Talk About. According to director Lasse Hallstrom, Warner Bros. changed the name when it discovered that Grace Under Pressure was registered for an upcoming Rosie Perez comedy. ”We’ve been searching for the perfect title,” says Hallstrom, who adds that test marketing prompted the studio to go with Something to Talk About, after the Bonnie Raitt tune heard on the soundtrack. The deciding factor? ”It doesn’t hurt that it’s a popular song with [the film’s] target audience,” says Warner advertising chief Rob Friedman.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation': What are the critics saying?
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!