Whitney Houston might want to think about a move to Arizona. While in Phoenix filming Waiting to Exhale, based on Terry McMillan’s best-selling novel, Houston seemed to have no need for a bodyguard. ”She was never mobbed,” says Exhale costar Donald Faison, currently on screen in Clueless. ”People would see her and whisper, ‘That’s Whitney Houston.’ And that’s it. In New York, it would have been, ‘Whitney Houston!”’ Further proof the singer felt at ease: She brought along her daughter, 2-year-old Bobbie Christina Brown, who takes never talking to strangers to a new level. ”When she was with Whitney, she would always smile,” says Faison. ”Then I would go, ‘Bobbie,’ and she would frown and say, ‘I don’t know you.’ She didn’t smile at me once.” Sounds like she’s saving all her love for Mom.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt