Whitney Houston might want to think about a move to Arizona. While in Phoenix filming Waiting to Exhale, based on Terry McMillan’s best-selling novel, Houston seemed to have no need for a bodyguard. ”She was never mobbed,” says Exhale costar Donald Faison, currently on screen in Clueless. ”People would see her and whisper, ‘That’s Whitney Houston.’ And that’s it. In New York, it would have been, ‘Whitney Houston!”’ Further proof the singer felt at ease: She brought along her daughter, 2-year-old Bobbie Christina Brown, who takes never talking to strangers to a new level. ”When she was with Whitney, she would always smile,” says Faison. ”Then I would go, ‘Bobbie,’ and she would frown and say, ‘I don’t know you.’ She didn’t smile at me once.” Sounds like she’s saving all her love for Mom.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!