Whitney Houston might want to think about a move to Arizona. While in Phoenix filming Waiting to Exhale, based on Terry McMillan’s best-selling novel, Houston seemed to have no need for a bodyguard. ”She was never mobbed,” says Exhale costar Donald Faison, currently on screen in Clueless. ”People would see her and whisper, ‘That’s Whitney Houston.’ And that’s it. In New York, it would have been, ‘Whitney Houston!”’ Further proof the singer felt at ease: She brought along her daughter, 2-year-old Bobbie Christina Brown, who takes never talking to strangers to a new level. ”When she was with Whitney, she would always smile,” says Faison. ”Then I would go, ‘Bobbie,’ and she would frown and say, ‘I don’t know you.’ She didn’t smile at me once.” Sounds like she’s saving all her love for Mom.
Posted August 4 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy