Screenwriter Melissa Mathison (E.T.), who’s been married to Harrison Ford for 12 years, says that despite fame, their life is pretty garden-variety. ”We’re just like any husband and wife,” says Mathison, who penned this summer’s The Indian and the Cupboard. So when a romantic photo of Ford and Julia Ormond, his Sabrina costar, hit the scandal pages of a European newspaper this spring, the couple did what they always do. They ignored it. ”Harrison doesn’t attract that kind of innuendo much,” she says. ”He’s lucky.” Mathison explains that the photo was actually done for Sabrina. ”They were shooting a love scene on a bridge in Paris,” she says, adding that the funniest part was reading how she rushed to Paris as ”the avenging wife.” So, has the duo — who have a son, Malcolm, 8, and a daughter, Georgia, 5 — ever considered collaborating on a film? ”I have a script he wants to do,” says Mathison of her 53-year-old husband. ”It’s about a father. But Harrison wants to wait until he’s older.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Ranch' renewed by Netflix
- 'Arrow' producer: 'Diversity is not a burden, it’s just smart business'
- Warren G bungled 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game' at Friday's Cubs game
- Michael Shannon on the theater parts that shaped his career
- Elisabeth Moss to star in Hulu series The Handmaid's Tale
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch