Screenwriter Melissa Mathison (E.T.), who’s been married to Harrison Ford for 12 years, says that despite fame, their life is pretty garden-variety. ”We’re just like any husband and wife,” says Mathison, who penned this summer’s The Indian and the Cupboard. So when a romantic photo of Ford and Julia Ormond, his Sabrina costar, hit the scandal pages of a European newspaper this spring, the couple did what they always do. They ignored it. ”Harrison doesn’t attract that kind of innuendo much,” she says. ”He’s lucky.” Mathison explains that the photo was actually done for Sabrina. ”They were shooting a love scene on a bridge in Paris,” she says, adding that the funniest part was reading how she rushed to Paris as ”the avenging wife.” So, has the duo — who have a son, Malcolm, 8, and a daughter, Georgia, 5 — ever considered collaborating on a film? ”I have a script he wants to do,” says Mathison of her 53-year-old husband. ”It’s about a father. But Harrison wants to wait until he’s older.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'