Screenwriter Melissa Mathison (E.T.), who’s been married to Harrison Ford for 12 years, says that despite fame, their life is pretty garden-variety. ”We’re just like any husband and wife,” says Mathison, who penned this summer’s The Indian and the Cupboard. So when a romantic photo of Ford and Julia Ormond, his Sabrina costar, hit the scandal pages of a European newspaper this spring, the couple did what they always do. They ignored it. ”Harrison doesn’t attract that kind of innuendo much,” she says. ”He’s lucky.” Mathison explains that the photo was actually done for Sabrina. ”They were shooting a love scene on a bridge in Paris,” she says, adding that the funniest part was reading how she rushed to Paris as ”the avenging wife.” So, has the duo — who have a son, Malcolm, 8, and a daughter, Georgia, 5 — ever considered collaborating on a film? ”I have a script he wants to do,” says Mathison of her 53-year-old husband. ”It’s about a father. But Harrison wants to wait until he’s older.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's biggest surprises
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's about Emma and more
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit