Rumors are flying that Stone Temple Pilots have crashed on the rocks of a conflict between singer Scott Weiland and the rest of the band. Weiland’s short stint in a recovery center after his heroin bust apparently wasn’t enough to placate fellow band members, who — according to industry scuttlebutt — began working on new material and even trying out new singers for a Weiland-less relaunch when his attitude proved less than rehabilitated. But those close to the situation insist that a planned meeting between estranged parties might yet rectify the rift….
Erstwhile diamond dog David Bowie and professed animal lovers Nine Inch Nails will tour together in the fall. In case you’re wondering, Bowie will be the headliner…
If rising star Alanis Morissette looks familiar, perhaps it’s because of her teenage stint as a regular on the Canadian kids’ series You Can’t Do That on Television, a Nickelodeon staple. MTV has taken her old show’s title to heart, bleeping graphic language from Morissette’s ”You Oughta Know” video.
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters