Throughout his career, the frontman of Luna, Dean Wareham, has traded on a distinctly postpunk version of psychedelia — stately, vaguely Eastern sounding, and repetitious — heavily influenced by the Velvet Underground. He’s nailed that sound down but seems unable to write memorable, emotionally resonant tunes. Penthouse continues the finely wrought tedium. C-
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Luna; Producer (group): EEG, Elektra
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters