Sela Ward can’t seem to shake the bottle. Playing Teddy on NBC’s Sisters, she’s a recovering alcoholic; playing the late newscaster in Lifetime’s Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story, she’s a bottle blond — much to her dismay. ”My hair is so fried, you can’t imagine,” says the actress, a natural dark brunet. ”It took me 16 hours to go this light,” says the actress, who jokes, ”If I’d known, I probably wouldn’t have done” the movie. It’s not Ward’s first experience being fair-haired, though. ”I had gone blond once before — for the fun of it,” she says. ”You know, you hear blonds have more fun, so I had to find out.” Ward says the tress stress did have one benefit: ”My husband loved it. He had a whole new wife for a couple of months.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!