Sela Ward can’t seem to shake the bottle. Playing Teddy on NBC’s Sisters, she’s a recovering alcoholic; playing the late newscaster in Lifetime’s Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story, she’s a bottle blond — much to her dismay. ”My hair is so fried, you can’t imagine,” says the actress, a natural dark brunet. ”It took me 16 hours to go this light,” says the actress, who jokes, ”If I’d known, I probably wouldn’t have done” the movie. It’s not Ward’s first experience being fair-haired, though. ”I had gone blond once before — for the fun of it,” she says. ”You know, you hear blonds have more fun, so I had to find out.” Ward says the tress stress did have one benefit: ”My husband loved it. He had a whole new wife for a couple of months.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Laurie Hernandez's dad used to joke about her competing on 'DWTS'
- Stephen Colbert does his best Beyoncé in ridiculous VMAs parody
- 'Pretty Little Liars' poll: Who will die in the summer finale?
- How Kiiara struck 'Gold' with an unlikely pop smash
- Bitch Sesh: Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider love these podcasts
- Seth Meyers previews the Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump debates
- Carol Kane remembers Gene Wilder as ‘one of the great clowns’