Sela Ward can’t seem to shake the bottle. Playing Teddy on NBC’s Sisters, she’s a recovering alcoholic; playing the late newscaster in Lifetime’s Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story, she’s a bottle blond — much to her dismay. ”My hair is so fried, you can’t imagine,” says the actress, a natural dark brunet. ”It took me 16 hours to go this light,” says the actress, who jokes, ”If I’d known, I probably wouldn’t have done” the movie. It’s not Ward’s first experience being fair-haired, though. ”I had gone blond once before — for the fun of it,” she says. ”You know, you hear blonds have more fun, so I had to find out.” Ward says the tress stress did have one benefit: ”My husband loved it. He had a whole new wife for a couple of months.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel shares sneak peek at season 2 of 'Agent Carter'
- Are 'The Revenant' and other Christmas releases at risk of losing SAG voters
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!