With its underground-comic-book pedigree, heavily touted soundtrack, and plentitude of irreverent attitude, Tank Girl came to theaters with a built-in marketing strategy for super-hip, ultradetached youth. But this rambling mess turned into the Can’t Stop the Music of alternative rock, as audiences shunned its incoherence and self-obsession. Whole sections seem to be missing from this postapocalyptic tale of a smart-ass gal who takes on an evil water utility. Meanwhile, Lori Petty and Malcolm McDowell created more chemistry during their Good Morning America promotional appearance than they ever do in the movie. D
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Comedy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Lori Petty, Ice-T, Iggy Pop, Naomi Watts; Director: Rachel Talalay; Release Date Wide: 03/31/1995; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere