They’re some of the cutest, best-coiffed, and most camera-aware men on earth. But take a look — a close look — at Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Chris O’Donnell, and Christian Slater. They’re unibrowers. Right between their sparkling and emotive eyes grow straggling, tufted, unbroken hedgerows. They could try fertilizer and go for the Bert effect that Sesame Street prizes so much. But Kevyn Aucoin, author of The Art of Makeup, recommends a more moderate path. ”A really manicured eyebrow on a man can be really scary,” says Aucoin. ”Then again, you don’t want a small flock of birds to come nest.” Our celebrity unibrowers can rest easy, though, since the rest of their mugs get high marks. ”Hugh and Tom have such beautiful, perfect faces,” says Aucoin, ”the little bit of hair makes them attractive — in a Cro-Magnon sort of way.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!