They’re some of the cutest, best-coiffed, and most camera-aware men on earth. But take a look — a close look — at Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Chris O’Donnell, and Christian Slater. They’re unibrowers. Right between their sparkling and emotive eyes grow straggling, tufted, unbroken hedgerows. They could try fertilizer and go for the Bert effect that Sesame Street prizes so much. But Kevyn Aucoin, author of The Art of Makeup, recommends a more moderate path. ”A really manicured eyebrow on a man can be really scary,” says Aucoin. ”Then again, you don’t want a small flock of birds to come nest.” Our celebrity unibrowers can rest easy, though, since the rest of their mugs get high marks. ”Hugh and Tom have such beautiful, perfect faces,” says Aucoin, ”the little bit of hair makes them attractive — in a Cro-Magnon sort of way.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- From People: Texas man commemorates DressGate with tattoo of 'The Dress'
- Terrence Howard explains his odd moment onstage at the Oscars
- 'Power/Rangers' short film creator releases bootleg James Bond film
- Katy Perry selling Left Shark onesies
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW