They’re some of the cutest, best-coiffed, and most camera-aware men on earth. But take a look — a close look — at Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Chris O’Donnell, and Christian Slater. They’re unibrowers. Right between their sparkling and emotive eyes grow straggling, tufted, unbroken hedgerows. They could try fertilizer and go for the Bert effect that Sesame Street prizes so much. But Kevyn Aucoin, author of The Art of Makeup, recommends a more moderate path. ”A really manicured eyebrow on a man can be really scary,” says Aucoin. ”Then again, you don’t want a small flock of birds to come nest.” Our celebrity unibrowers can rest easy, though, since the rest of their mugs get high marks. ”Hugh and Tom have such beautiful, perfect faces,” says Aucoin, ”the little bit of hair makes them attractive — in a Cro-Magnon sort of way.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars' to screen in China for first time ever
- Art Garfunkel dings Paul Simon in new interview
- Dust off your crayons: Adult coloring books are here
- Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan had a 'Buffy' reunion
- Chris Pratt on being a sex symbol: 'Before, I was the sweaty guy who didn't give a s---'
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!