They’re some of the cutest, best-coiffed, and most camera-aware men on earth. But take a look — a close look — at Hugh Grant, Tom Cruise, Chris O’Donnell, and Christian Slater. They’re unibrowers. Right between their sparkling and emotive eyes grow straggling, tufted, unbroken hedgerows. They could try fertilizer and go for the Bert effect that Sesame Street prizes so much. But Kevyn Aucoin, author of The Art of Makeup, recommends a more moderate path. ”A really manicured eyebrow on a man can be really scary,” says Aucoin. ”Then again, you don’t want a small flock of birds to come nest.” Our celebrity unibrowers can rest easy, though, since the rest of their mugs get high marks. ”Hugh and Tom have such beautiful, perfect faces,” says Aucoin, ”the little bit of hair makes them attractive — in a Cro-Magnon sort of way.”
Posted August 11 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996