Since there’s not much in this solid but unspectacular Doom clone to pique the average gamer’s interest, the real challenge of Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead’s Revenge lies in hunting down First Brother Roger Clinton, whose cameo (as ”Mayor Bubba”) in the second Pumpkinhead movie, a direct-to-video release, translates into an equally minor role here. Is that him, a big, slime-dripping, bloodshot eyeball? Naw — even Roger’s in better shape than that. Or is he that persistent beastie who follows you around and tries to kill you? Not very likely — Roger, like the President, needs all the friends he can get. The fact is, in two hours of navigating this opaque adventure, I couldn’t even figure out how to leave the opening dungeon, much less find Roger. C
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lennie James joins 'Blade Runner' sequel
- Beyoncé thought Denis Leary was Bryan Adams: 'Beyoncé makes the call'
- Grading the week's best (and worst) singles
- Watch the new trailer for 'Office Christmas Party'
- Seth Rogen, Kevin Hart join Jeff Ross' 'Roast Battle' judges panel
- Roger Moore 'heartbroken' after daughter dies of cancer
- Zelda Williams stars in Lifetime thriller 'Girl in the Box': Photos