Since there’s not much in this solid but unspectacular Doom clone to pique the average gamer’s interest, the real challenge of Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead’s Revenge lies in hunting down First Brother Roger Clinton, whose cameo (as ”Mayor Bubba”) in the second Pumpkinhead movie, a direct-to-video release, translates into an equally minor role here. Is that him, a big, slime-dripping, bloodshot eyeball? Naw — even Roger’s in better shape than that. Or is he that persistent beastie who follows you around and tries to kill you? Not very likely — Roger, like the President, needs all the friends he can get. The fact is, in two hours of navigating this opaque adventure, I couldn’t even figure out how to leave the opening dungeon, much less find Roger. C
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity
- 'The Knick' star Eric Johnson joins 'Fifty Shades' sequel