Since there’s not much in this solid but unspectacular Doom clone to pique the average gamer’s interest, the real challenge of Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead’s Revenge lies in hunting down First Brother Roger Clinton, whose cameo (as ”Mayor Bubba”) in the second Pumpkinhead movie, a direct-to-video release, translates into an equally minor role here. Is that him, a big, slime-dripping, bloodshot eyeball? Naw — even Roger’s in better shape than that. Or is he that persistent beastie who follows you around and tries to kill you? Not very likely — Roger, like the President, needs all the friends he can get. The fact is, in two hours of navigating this opaque adventure, I couldn’t even figure out how to leave the opening dungeon, much less find Roger. C
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters