Since there’s not much in this solid but unspectacular Doom clone to pique the average gamer’s interest, the real challenge of Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead’s Revenge lies in hunting down First Brother Roger Clinton, whose cameo (as ”Mayor Bubba”) in the second Pumpkinhead movie, a direct-to-video release, translates into an equally minor role here. Is that him, a big, slime-dripping, bloodshot eyeball? Naw — even Roger’s in better shape than that. Or is he that persistent beastie who follows you around and tries to kill you? Not very likely — Roger, like the President, needs all the friends he can get. The fact is, in two hours of navigating this opaque adventure, I couldn’t even figure out how to leave the opening dungeon, much less find Roger. C
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- PopWatch Confessional: What do you watch when you're homesick?
- Empire creator Lee Daniels addresses Mo'Nique's 'blackballed' comments
- Tom Ellis cast as Lucifer in DC Comics-based pilot
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- Normal's affordable, custom-fit earphones are disrupting the headphone game
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!