Those whose guilty pleasures lean toward shoot-‘em-up games will appreciate Chaos Control, a straightforward arcade game with an obligatory save-the-world plot that’s unencumbered by inane weapons options or cyberpunk chaos-theory philosophizing. This destroy-all-aliens title boasts stylized, jumpy Japanimation, along with some imaginative 3-D-style graphic interludes; the fighter-pilot sequences focus more on insectlike alien ships and explosions than on detailed landscapes or gory kills — all of which makes for entertainment with a minimum of fuss. B
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'