Those whose guilty pleasures lean toward shoot-‘em-up games will appreciate Chaos Control, a straightforward arcade game with an obligatory save-the-world plot that’s unencumbered by inane weapons options or cyberpunk chaos-theory philosophizing. This destroy-all-aliens title boasts stylized, jumpy Japanimation, along with some imaginative 3-D-style graphic interludes; the fighter-pilot sequences focus more on insectlike alien ships and explosions than on detailed landscapes or gory kills — all of which makes for entertainment with a minimum of fuss. B
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow and children agree to mediation over his estate
- Zayn Malik's first solo music leaks
- Exclusive 'Zoo' poster claims that 'the wild shall inherit the earth'
- Trevor Noah faces backlash for old tweets
- New Zealand launches a (fake) Netflix competitor called Nitflux
- Kristen Wiig and Zach Galifianakis are incompetent bank robbers in 'Masterminds' trailer
- 'Walking Dead' insider's view of 'Conquer' from the set
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!