Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph Theatre. (His brother did.) It further revises history by inventing a meeting in which Al Capone (F. Murray Abraham) strong-arms the retired Dillinger (Martin Sheen) into helping him retrieve a fortune sealed inside the wall of a mobster-filled hotel. The film gets so caught up with this heist that it comes off more as a caper film than as the gangster movie you’d expect from the title. It’s all dressed up in pin-striped suits, with no place to go. C-
Dillinger and Capone Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph...Dillinger and CaponeMystery and ThrillerPT95MR Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph...1995-08-18
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: F. Murray Abraham, Martin Sheen; Director: Jon Purdy; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!