Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph Theatre. (His brother did.) It further revises history by inventing a meeting in which Al Capone (F. Murray Abraham) strong-arms the retired Dillinger (Martin Sheen) into helping him retrieve a fortune sealed inside the wall of a mobster-filled hotel. The film gets so caught up with this heist that it comes off more as a caper film than as the gangster movie you’d expect from the title. It’s all dressed up in pin-striped suits, with no place to go. C-
Dillinger and Capone Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph...Dillinger and CaponeMystery and ThrillerPT95MR Dillinger and Capone is far-fetched fiction; it starts out with the premise that John Dillinger did not really die outside the Biograph...1995-08-18
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: F. Murray Abraham, Martin Sheen; Director: Jon Purdy; Runtime (in minutes): 95; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys': Ramse arc 'planned from first minute'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!