Just in time for the arrival of the latest batch of super-realistic (read: incredibly violent) fighting games from the likes of Sega and Sony comes FX Fighters, a pumped-up PC effort, which proves that, when programmers put their minds to it, a 486 or Pentium computer can go pixel for pixel against the Saturn or 3DO. But I’m not sure that it’s more enjoyable to knock the snot out of an alien street brawler on a computer than to do it on a TV screen — there’s something about the living-room tube that lends itself more easily to this type of mindless but enjoyable mayhem. A-
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elvis Presley's classic hits get orchestral makeovers in new album
- Lewis Black calls Jon Stewart the 'Walter Cronkite of his generation'
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs re-elected Academy president
- Ridley Scott hints that 'Prometheus' sequel will be next
- 'Walking Dead' star Melissa McBride: Season 6 is a 'crazy ride'
- EA announces 'Star Wars: Battlefront' Fighter Squadron mode
- Are those 'Daily Show' field segments real? Jessica Williams answers