Just in time for the arrival of the latest batch of super-realistic (read: incredibly violent) fighting games from the likes of Sega and Sony comes FX Fighters, a pumped-up PC effort, which proves that, when programmers put their minds to it, a 486 or Pentium computer can go pixel for pixel against the Saturn or 3DO. But I’m not sure that it’s more enjoyable to knock the snot out of an alien street brawler on a computer than to do it on a TV screen — there’s something about the living-room tube that lends itself more easily to this type of mindless but enjoyable mayhem. A-
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!