Just in time for the arrival of the latest batch of super-realistic (read: incredibly violent) fighting games from the likes of Sega and Sony comes FX Fighters, a pumped-up PC effort, which proves that, when programmers put their minds to it, a 486 or Pentium computer can go pixel for pixel against the Saturn or 3DO. But I’m not sure that it’s more enjoyable to knock the snot out of an alien street brawler on a computer than to do it on a TV screen — there’s something about the living-room tube that lends itself more easily to this type of mindless but enjoyable mayhem. A-
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?