Just in time for the arrival of the latest batch of super-realistic (read: incredibly violent) fighting games from the likes of Sega and Sony comes FX Fighters, a pumped-up PC effort, which proves that, when programmers put their minds to it, a 486 or Pentium computer can go pixel for pixel against the Saturn or 3DO. But I’m not sure that it’s more enjoyable to knock the snot out of an alien street brawler on a computer than to do it on a TV screen — there’s something about the living-room tube that lends itself more easily to this type of mindless but enjoyable mayhem. A-
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!