Just in time for the arrival of the latest batch of super-realistic (read: incredibly violent) fighting games from the likes of Sega and Sony comes FX Fighters, a pumped-up PC effort, which proves that, when programmers put their minds to it, a 486 or Pentium computer can go pixel for pixel against the Saturn or 3DO. But I’m not sure that it’s more enjoyable to knock the snot out of an alien street brawler on a computer than to do it on a TV screen — there’s something about the living-room tube that lends itself more easily to this type of mindless but enjoyable mayhem. A-
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles