If possession is nine tenths of the law, Richard Simmons will soon call Barbra Streisand his own. The fitness guru and Streisand devotee has hired doll artist Lisa Lichtenfels to create a 30-inch, $10,000 diva just for him. ”Richard wanted her to look like she did on tour — wearing that black dress,” says Lichtenfels, who assures the replica will be accurate, down to its ”press-ons for her fingertips.” The details have Simmons — who will first see his beautiful doll on Oct. 6, at the International Doll Art Show in Chicago — swooning. ”Having a doll of Barbra is probably the closest I’ll come to being alone with her,” he sighs. Streisand herself had no comment on the soft sculpture, but a spokesman couldn’t help but laugh: ”Richard’s always doing such interesting things.”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Caitlyn Jenner on the realities of dating as a transgender woman
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!