If possession is nine tenths of the law, Richard Simmons will soon call Barbra Streisand his own. The fitness guru and Streisand devotee has hired doll artist Lisa Lichtenfels to create a 30-inch, $10,000 diva just for him. ”Richard wanted her to look like she did on tour — wearing that black dress,” says Lichtenfels, who assures the replica will be accurate, down to its ”press-ons for her fingertips.” The details have Simmons — who will first see his beautiful doll on Oct. 6, at the International Doll Art Show in Chicago — swooning. ”Having a doll of Barbra is probably the closest I’ll come to being alone with her,” he sighs. Streisand herself had no comment on the soft sculpture, but a spokesman couldn’t help but laugh: ”Richard’s always doing such interesting things.”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trent Reznor: Apple Music is like going to a record store
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'