If possession is nine tenths of the law, Richard Simmons will soon call Barbra Streisand his own. The fitness guru and Streisand devotee has hired doll artist Lisa Lichtenfels to create a 30-inch, $10,000 diva just for him. ”Richard wanted her to look like she did on tour — wearing that black dress,” says Lichtenfels, who assures the replica will be accurate, down to its ”press-ons for her fingertips.” The details have Simmons — who will first see his beautiful doll on Oct. 6, at the International Doll Art Show in Chicago — swooning. ”Having a doll of Barbra is probably the closest I’ll come to being alone with her,” he sighs. Streisand herself had no comment on the soft sculpture, but a spokesman couldn’t help but laugh: ”Richard’s always doing such interesting things.”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade