If possession is nine tenths of the law, Richard Simmons will soon call Barbra Streisand his own. The fitness guru and Streisand devotee has hired doll artist Lisa Lichtenfels to create a 30-inch, $10,000 diva just for him. ”Richard wanted her to look like she did on tour — wearing that black dress,” says Lichtenfels, who assures the replica will be accurate, down to its ”press-ons for her fingertips.” The details have Simmons — who will first see his beautiful doll on Oct. 6, at the International Doll Art Show in Chicago — swooning. ”Having a doll of Barbra is probably the closest I’ll come to being alone with her,” he sighs. Streisand herself had no comment on the soft sculpture, but a spokesman couldn’t help but laugh: ”Richard’s always doing such interesting things.”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Explore The Walking Dead's Alexandria in Google Maps-like interface
- First look: Vincent D'Onofrio makes his 'Daredevil' debut as Wilson Fisk
- 'Empire' exclusive peek at Cookie lashing out at Anika: 'Bye, Felicia'
- 'Orphan Black' trailer: 'Recognize me?'
- 'Bates Motel' season 3 exclusive clip: Norman goes 'Psycho'
- 'Game of Thrones' fave Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- 'Last Man on Earth' ratings give hope