Tough guys do dance. While on location in Memphis and Chicago filming the upcoming drama A Family Thing, Robert Duvall (Something to Talk About) made an odd request. ”I made sure they installed a dance floor in my hotel,” he says. No, the 64-year-old Oscar winner isn’t making a workout video. He’s exercising his other passion: the tango. ”I practice about two hours a day,” says Duvall, who works on his moves solo. ”I think you should approach your hobby with the same ferociousness you bring to your work.” Did Duvall, who’s working on a script about a tango dancer, get Family costar James Earl Jones to shake a leg? Jones says he’s ”not much of a dancer,” but Duvall won’t be taking no for an answer. ”James and I have to talk. I wonder what he’s doing later?”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!