Tough guys do dance. While on location in Memphis and Chicago filming the upcoming drama A Family Thing, Robert Duvall (Something to Talk About) made an odd request. ”I made sure they installed a dance floor in my hotel,” he says. No, the 64-year-old Oscar winner isn’t making a workout video. He’s exercising his other passion: the tango. ”I practice about two hours a day,” says Duvall, who works on his moves solo. ”I think you should approach your hobby with the same ferociousness you bring to your work.” Did Duvall, who’s working on a script about a tango dancer, get Family costar James Earl Jones to shake a leg? Jones says he’s ”not much of a dancer,” but Duvall won’t be taking no for an answer. ”James and I have to talk. I wonder what he’s doing later?”
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game
- Princess Leia's 'Star Wars' bikini sells for $96,000 at auction