One of the most frequent questions asked of The Young and the Restless’ Signy Coleman is ”Are you really blind?” The answer is no. But so convincing is her portrayal of the sightless farm woman, Hope, that Coleman garnered an Emmy nod last year and a Soap Opera Digest award this year. Cole man, 35, credits the Braille Institute in Los Angeles. ”I took classes; they even let me walk around blindfolded.” Prior to being cast as Hope, Coleman, a cooking and running enthusiast, was best known as a Huey Lewis-video babe and as a glam hooker on the late Santa Barbara. ”I’m much more interested in playing a character role than a leading lady,” says the Northern California native. ”I’d rather challenge myself than stand there and just look good.” In other words, she doesn’t hope for a miraculous cure for Hope.
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams speaks: The ultimate Arya interview
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Lionsgate developing 'Now You See Me 3'
- Danny Trejo joins 'From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series': First Look
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!