One of the most frequent questions asked of The Young and the Restless’ Signy Coleman is ”Are you really blind?” The answer is no. But so convincing is her portrayal of the sightless farm woman, Hope, that Coleman garnered an Emmy nod last year and a Soap Opera Digest award this year. Cole man, 35, credits the Braille Institute in Los Angeles. ”I took classes; they even let me walk around blindfolded.” Prior to being cast as Hope, Coleman, a cooking and running enthusiast, was best known as a Huey Lewis-video babe and as a glam hooker on the late Santa Barbara. ”I’m much more interested in playing a character role than a leading lady,” says the Northern California native. ”I’d rather challenge myself than stand there and just look good.” In other words, she doesn’t hope for a miraculous cure for Hope.
Posted August 18 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!