It usually takes a couple of years to come up with a viable mascot for a videogame system — the Genesis had ho-hum sales until Sonic the Hedgehog zoomed onto the scene. But Sega appears to have pulled the arachnid out of the hat with Bug!, a bracingly enjoyable hop-and-bop action game for the still-wet-behind-the-ears Saturn. Like any good mascot game, Bug! is enjoyable on two levels: in its own right, as a wacky, good-humored adventure (in which a giant green insect rescues his buddies from the evil Queen Cadavra), and as a showcase for Saturn’s dazzling 3-D-style graphics. A
Posted August 25 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!