It usually takes a couple of years to come up with a viable mascot for a videogame system — the Genesis had ho-hum sales until Sonic the Hedgehog zoomed onto the scene. But Sega appears to have pulled the arachnid out of the hat with Bug!, a bracingly enjoyable hop-and-bop action game for the still-wet-behind-the-ears Saturn. Like any good mascot game, Bug! is enjoyable on two levels: in its own right, as a wacky, good-humored adventure (in which a giant green insect rescues his buddies from the evil Queen Cadavra), and as a showcase for Saturn’s dazzling 3-D-style graphics. A
Posted August 25 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!