Baseball has not been berry, berry good to Geena Davis. In fact, the game is making her batty. ”I haven’t played in months,” says Davis, who took up the sport to portray a star catcher in 1992’s A League of Their Own. ”Now, whenever some celebrity softball thing comes up, I think I have to come out and be the best they’ve ever seen or I’ll ruin my image.” And Davis, who’ll show her swash as a pirate in December’s Cutthroat Island, is even more worried about competition from, say, a Pittsburgh Pirate. ”I was invited to play an exhibition game in Florida with retired ballplayers,” says Davis. ”I said, ‘Are you mad?’ I was afraid those guys would take my head off.” Lucky for her it’s almost football season.
Posted August 25 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the funny, scary opening credits for 'Scream Queens'
- What Derek Hough thinks of new 'DWTS' partner Bindi Irwin
- See the most popular passages from every single 'Outlander' book
- Yo La Tengo on making a sequel to their revered album 'Fakebook'
- Netflix's 'Lady Dynamite' adds Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman to guest cast
- See exclusive new art from 'The Angry Birds Movie'
- Heavy metal meets demonic mayhem in 'Deathgasm' trailer
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!