The Muppet Calendar is more for the young at heart than for the young. You can create numerous calendars and datebooks, festooned with your choice of 139 witty photos and 100 pieces of clip art featuring Miss Piggy and company. The calendar program — which would be useful even without the Muppet art — lets you memorialize national holidays, relatives’ birthdays, and noteworthy Muppet stuff (for instance, on May 29, Kermit visits the hopthalmologist). Complexities such as ”event lists” (the occasions you can include) and ”workspaces” (layout, events, and graphics) make calendar construction too taxing for Sesame Street’s preschool audience; even older users will have to fall back on the well-written but necessarily thick user’s guide. B+
Posted August 25 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!