A bad hair day almost cost Clueless hunk Paul Rudd his role as stepbrother Josh opposite Alicia Silverstone. After auditioning for director Amy Heckerling, Rudd — convinced he’d blown his chance — shaved his head. Then he got the news. ”I was in a restaurant and Amy happened to be there,” Rudd recalls, ”and she said, ‘Oh, no! Did you realize if you didn’t cut your hair you would have had the part?”’ Heckerling overlooked the lack of locks and cast Rudd anyway, but his short stuff posed a challenge. ”They kept putting on all these wigs because they thought Josh should have long hair,” says Rudd, who ultimately was permitted to appear au naturel. ”My hair ended up being the most totally nondescript, nonstyled, non-threatening cut,” he says. ”I call it my Steve Guttenberg look.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Mindy Kaling reveals cover for second book, 'Why Not Me?'
- MTV's 'Awkward' books 'Mean Girls' actor Jonathan Bennett
- 'Originals' boss explains Klaus' decision, talks Claire Holt's return
- Wiz Khalifa enjoys New Yorkers' company in 'No Permission' video
- Britney Spears extends Las Vegas residency by three months
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' adds 'Star Wars,' 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Chiller to remake Tobe Hooper's space vampire movie 'Lifeforce'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!