Concession stands might soon be selling garlic cloves, with no fewer than five vampire flicks poised to strike the big screen. First out of the grave this week is Nadja, a low-budget indie starring Elina Löwensohn as a sexy ’90s fang fatale. Next up on Sept. 29 is Abel Ferrara’s The Addiction, starring Lili Taylor, Annabella Sciorra, and Christopher Walk en. On Oct. 27, Eddie Murphy sinks his teeth into Vampire in Brooklyn, directed by horror auteur Wes Craven. Rising up later this year are Robert Rodriguez’s From Dusk Till Dawn, with Juliette Lewis and Harvey Keitel, and spoofmeister Mel Brooks’ Dracula: Dead and Loving It. Says Brooks of his Count, played by Leslie Nielsen: ”He’s a busy guy, he’s biting necks all over the place.” You can say that again.
Posted August 25 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- See Eddie Redmayne in his next big role as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Jem and the Holograms' first photo from fall movie
- 'Into the Woods' 'lost' Meryl Streep song: Watch the deleted scene here
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!