A CD-ROM that’s mere ly good makes creative use of a computer; a great disc like Echo Lake gives the machine a soul. Mimicking a wooden desk in a cozy lakeside cottage, the program is a terrific tool for creative writing and self-expression. Such resources as clip art, sound effects, and thought-provoking questions make it easy for kids and adults to compose autobiographies or family chronicles — volumes that can be printed out or copied onto a floppy for Grandma’s enjoyment on her computer. Unfortunately, a giftbook I made incapacitated a friend’s PC — a disaster Delrina ascribes to my not installing the included version of Video for Windows when I first put Echo Lake on my own machine. A-
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Chloe Moretz in the first trailer for 'The 5th Wave'
- New 'AHS: Hotel' teasers: What do they mean?
- One Direction break six 2016 Guinness World Records
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!