A better title would be The Bad Museum of Virtual Art. The subject of a wave of self-consciously ironic gallery shows, contorted art-journal articles, and manic collecting activity lately, the otherworld of amateur art derives its fascination from (a) the shameless pleasures of sheer junk, (b) the rebellious endorphin kick of insurgency and anarchy, (c) a snorting elitism disguised as the exact opposite. Too bad this un funny tour through an elaborate would-be museum — based on the collection of a real ”museum” in the basement of collector Scott Wilson’s computer-programmer friend — scarcely suggests any of that. This tedious disc is neither smart, which would have been good, nor dumb, which would have been better. C-
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!