Too bad there’s not a chart for bootleg-tape trading; there, certainly, the Grateful Dead would have every position locked up for the rest of the year. As it stands, the group kept its death grip on the top slot of the catalog chart for the third week in a row with its 1974 Skeletons From the Closet/The Best Of collection. Also dead, or in limbo, at least, is the current pop chart, comprising the same 10 albums as last week’s — including that of potential Dead mantle-inheritors Blues Traveler.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Joey + Rory share powerful video for 'Softly and Tenderly'
- Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger announce separation
- Stephen Colbert to interview J.J. Abrams at festival
- 'The Daily Show' adds three new correspondents for Trevor Noah
- E! to air Joan Rivers tribute on one-year anniversary of her death
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!