Too bad there’s not a chart for bootleg-tape trading; there, certainly, the Grateful Dead would have every position locked up for the rest of the year. As it stands, the group kept its death grip on the top slot of the catalog chart for the third week in a row with its 1974 Skeletons From the Closet/The Best Of collection. Also dead, or in limbo, at least, is the current pop chart, comprising the same 10 albums as last week’s — including that of potential Dead mantle-inheritors Blues Traveler.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?