Too bad there’s not a chart for bootleg-tape trading; there, certainly, the Grateful Dead would have every position locked up for the rest of the year. As it stands, the group kept its death grip on the top slot of the catalog chart for the third week in a row with its 1974 Skeletons From the Closet/The Best Of collection. Also dead, or in limbo, at least, is the current pop chart, comprising the same 10 albums as last week’s — including that of potential Dead mantle-inheritors Blues Traveler.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Daredevil' season 2 promo teases Punisher's debut
- 'Inside Out' wins top prizes at the Annie Awards
- Here's what critics are saying about 'Deadpool'
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide