Too bad there’s not a chart for bootleg-tape trading; there, certainly, the Grateful Dead would have every position locked up for the rest of the year. As it stands, the group kept its death grip on the top slot of the catalog chart for the third week in a row with its 1974 Skeletons From the Closet/The Best Of collection. Also dead, or in limbo, at least, is the current pop chart, comprising the same 10 albums as last week’s — including that of potential Dead mantle-inheritors Blues Traveler.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- The new Hamburglar is hot, and that's kind of a problem
- Sony yanks Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Hozier, more from SoundCloud -- report
- ABC Family casts Katherine McNamara as 'Shadowhunters' lead
- Supergirl officially gets CBS series order
- 'Ant-Man' to play at Montreal's Fantasia Festival
- Gwar is releasing an official book about Gwar
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!