Too bad there’s not a chart for bootleg-tape trading; there, certainly, the Grateful Dead would have every position locked up for the rest of the year. As it stands, the group kept its death grip on the top slot of the catalog chart for the third week in a row with its 1974 Skeletons From the Closet/The Best Of collection. Also dead, or in limbo, at least, is the current pop chart, comprising the same 10 albums as last week’s — including that of potential Dead mantle-inheritors Blues Traveler.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!