Sharon Stone in chaps — it’s enough to make any studio head think box office bonanza. Unfortunately, The Quick and the Dead lived up to both parts of its title last February when it lassoed a mere $18.5 million in theaters. But in its second week on video, the Western blasted from No. 8 to No. 3 on the rentals chart. Also making a hefty comeback was Disney’s Heavyweights. After floundering in theaters ($17.7 million), the comedy appears to be in better shape on video, squeezing into No. 9 in its second week. On the sales front, two classics, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Caddyshack, rose from the dead thanks to recent promotional pushes. Now, if only Caddyshack’s theme crooner, Kenny Loggins, could work the same magic.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- Shondaland stars throw wine at each other in new TGIT promos
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!