Sharon Stone in chaps — it’s enough to make any studio head think box office bonanza. Unfortunately, The Quick and the Dead lived up to both parts of its title last February when it lassoed a mere $18.5 million in theaters. But in its second week on video, the Western blasted from No. 8 to No. 3 on the rentals chart. Also making a hefty comeback was Disney’s Heavyweights. After floundering in theaters ($17.7 million), the comedy appears to be in better shape on video, squeezing into No. 9 in its second week. On the sales front, two classics, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Caddyshack, rose from the dead thanks to recent promotional pushes. Now, if only Caddyshack’s theme crooner, Kenny Loggins, could work the same magic.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Tom Hiddleston stars as Hank Williams in first 'I Saw the Light' trailer
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special
- 'Star Wars' targets January release date in China
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Patricia Arquette's path to winning an Oscar