The fall season started with a whimper as its first new show, The WB’s Kirk, debuted in 89th place. Kirk Cameron’s comeback vehicle drew only 3.6 million viewers, adding to the new network’s growing pains. On the other end of the chart, NBC’s top-rated Friends aired its first episode in its new Thursday at 8 p.m. slot and dipped slightly to 6th. Still, it demolished CBS’ Murder, She Wrote (76th). A test run of Grace Under Fire on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. hasn’t drawn much heat as ABC’s top-10 staple dropped to 42nd. And CBS dumped unaired episodes of Linda Bloodworth-Thomason’s Women of the House and Diane English’s Love & War on Friday, where the now-canceled sitcoms thudded in 85th and 87th, respectively.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel