The fall season started with a whimper as its first new show, The WB’s Kirk, debuted in 89th place. Kirk Cameron’s comeback vehicle drew only 3.6 million viewers, adding to the new network’s growing pains. On the other end of the chart, NBC’s top-rated Friends aired its first episode in its new Thursday at 8 p.m. slot and dipped slightly to 6th. Still, it demolished CBS’ Murder, She Wrote (76th). A test run of Grace Under Fire on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. hasn’t drawn much heat as ABC’s top-10 staple dropped to 42nd. And CBS dumped unaired episodes of Linda Bloodworth-Thomason’s Women of the House and Diane English’s Love & War on Friday, where the now-canceled sitcoms thudded in 85th and 87th, respectively.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- 'Room 237' team launches Kickstarter campaign for mysterious new project
- Nathan Fillion shares his love letter to 'Walking Dead'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!