The fall season started with a whimper as its first new show, The WB’s Kirk, debuted in 89th place. Kirk Cameron’s comeback vehicle drew only 3.6 million viewers, adding to the new network’s growing pains. On the other end of the chart, NBC’s top-rated Friends aired its first episode in its new Thursday at 8 p.m. slot and dipped slightly to 6th. Still, it demolished CBS’ Murder, She Wrote (76th). A test run of Grace Under Fire on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. hasn’t drawn much heat as ABC’s top-10 staple dropped to 42nd. And CBS dumped unaired episodes of Linda Bloodworth-Thomason’s Women of the House and Diane English’s Love & War on Friday, where the now-canceled sitcoms thudded in 85th and 87th, respectively.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creators on 'hero' Felix saving two different clones
- Legendary closes deal on Dwayne Johnson action project set in China
- 'Preacher' pilot: Hear the directors' commentary online
- Chance the Rapper, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne have 'No Problem' in video
- Red Hot Chili Peppers share chill new song 'The Getaway'
- Khloé Kardashian files for divorce from Lamar Odom — again
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex facing lawsuit over 'Sorry'