The fall season started with a whimper as its first new show, The WB’s Kirk, debuted in 89th place. Kirk Cameron’s comeback vehicle drew only 3.6 million viewers, adding to the new network’s growing pains. On the other end of the chart, NBC’s top-rated Friends aired its first episode in its new Thursday at 8 p.m. slot and dipped slightly to 6th. Still, it demolished CBS’ Murder, She Wrote (76th). A test run of Grace Under Fire on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. hasn’t drawn much heat as ABC’s top-10 staple dropped to 42nd. And CBS dumped unaired episodes of Linda Bloodworth-Thomason’s Women of the House and Diane English’s Love & War on Friday, where the now-canceled sitcoms thudded in 85th and 87th, respectively.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- One Direction's new album might channel Oasis
- Tobias Jesso Jr. shares 'Without You' music video
- Blur to play their first North American show since 2013 this Friday
- 'Age of Ultron' advance ticket sales nearly quadruple 'Avengers'
- VH1 renews 'Barely Famous' for second season
- 'Grey's Anatomy' adds male actor after Dempsey exit
- See the cover for Chuck Palahniuk's 'Fight Club 2' comic