Written, produced, edited, and directed by Robert Rodriguez, this propulsive rock & roll spaghetti Western is both a sequel to and an expansion of his $7,000 south-of-the-border shoot-‘em-up, El Mariachi, this time with an even more outrageous body count. The plot has all the sophistication of a dime-store novel cover, but in Desperado the gunplay is the story. The characters use their bullets like words, as an instant communiqué of rage and will. The camera loves Banderas — a velvet stud — as much as it did the young Clint Eastwood. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino; Director: Robert Rodriguez; Author: Robert Rodriguez; Release Date Wide: 08/25/1995; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!