Written, produced, edited, and directed by Robert Rodriguez, this propulsive rock & roll spaghetti Western is both a sequel to and an expansion of his $7,000 south-of-the-border shoot-‘em-up, El Mariachi, this time with an even more outrageous body count. The plot has all the sophistication of a dime-store novel cover, but in Desperado the gunplay is the story. The characters use their bullets like words, as an instant communiqué of rage and will. The camera loves Banderas — a velvet stud — as much as it did the young Clint Eastwood. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Quentin Tarantino; Director: Robert Rodriguez; Author: Robert Rodriguez; Release Date Wide: 08/25/1995; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'