Viewers were stunned in August when it became apparent that NBC’s Days of Our Lives had dumped the mega-popular Robert Kelker-Kelly — who says he was ”bored” by his part as rogue cop Bo — and replaced him with Peter Reckell, the actor who originated the role. Reckell — who played Bo from 1983 to 1987, and again from 1990 to 1992 — last left the show to ”recharge his batteries” and put in some time on the stage. But when ”the show called and said, ‘Could you start next Monday?’ ” Reckell recounts, ”it took me all of three seconds to say yes.” Days had already gone from fifth to second among soaps — a status that’s certainly been helped by Reckell’s return. If only the Nielsens would remain as lofty as Reckell’s mood. ”My second day back, [costar] Lisa Rinna said, ‘Peter, could you try to come down from the ceiling?’ ”
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!