Viewers were stunned in August when it became apparent that NBC’s Days of Our Lives had dumped the mega-popular Robert Kelker-Kelly — who says he was ”bored” by his part as rogue cop Bo — and replaced him with Peter Reckell, the actor who originated the role. Reckell — who played Bo from 1983 to 1987, and again from 1990 to 1992 — last left the show to ”recharge his batteries” and put in some time on the stage. But when ”the show called and said, ‘Could you start next Monday?’ ” Reckell recounts, ”it took me all of three seconds to say yes.” Days had already gone from fifth to second among soaps — a status that’s certainly been helped by Reckell’s return. If only the Nielsens would remain as lofty as Reckell’s mood. ”My second day back, [costar] Lisa Rinna said, ‘Peter, could you try to come down from the ceiling?’ ”
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Chloe Moretz in the first trailer for 'The 5th Wave'
- New 'AHS: Hotel' teasers: What do they mean?
- One Direction break six 2016 Guinness World Records
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!