Viewers were stunned in August when it became apparent that NBC’s Days of Our Lives had dumped the mega-popular Robert Kelker-Kelly — who says he was ”bored” by his part as rogue cop Bo — and replaced him with Peter Reckell, the actor who originated the role. Reckell — who played Bo from 1983 to 1987, and again from 1990 to 1992 — last left the show to ”recharge his batteries” and put in some time on the stage. But when ”the show called and said, ‘Could you start next Monday?’ ” Reckell recounts, ”it took me all of three seconds to say yes.” Days had already gone from fifth to second among soaps — a status that’s certainly been helped by Reckell’s return. If only the Nielsens would remain as lofty as Reckell’s mood. ”My second day back, [costar] Lisa Rinna said, ‘Peter, could you try to come down from the ceiling?’ ”
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with killer single 'Trust You,' shares details of new solo album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 'Winter Is Coming Live' recaps the latest 'Game of Thrones' episode, 'The Gift'
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!