Viewers were stunned in August when it became apparent that NBC’s Days of Our Lives had dumped the mega-popular Robert Kelker-Kelly — who says he was ”bored” by his part as rogue cop Bo — and replaced him with Peter Reckell, the actor who originated the role. Reckell — who played Bo from 1983 to 1987, and again from 1990 to 1992 — last left the show to ”recharge his batteries” and put in some time on the stage. But when ”the show called and said, ‘Could you start next Monday?’ ” Reckell recounts, ”it took me all of three seconds to say yes.” Days had already gone from fifth to second among soaps — a status that’s certainly been helped by Reckell’s return. If only the Nielsens would remain as lofty as Reckell’s mood. ”My second day back, [costar] Lisa Rinna said, ‘Peter, could you try to come down from the ceiling?’ ”
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl tells Foo Fighters crowd the band recorded five new songs
- Beauty and the Beast to end with season 4
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now