Viewers were stunned in August when it became apparent that NBC’s Days of Our Lives had dumped the mega-popular Robert Kelker-Kelly — who says he was ”bored” by his part as rogue cop Bo — and replaced him with Peter Reckell, the actor who originated the role. Reckell — who played Bo from 1983 to 1987, and again from 1990 to 1992 — last left the show to ”recharge his batteries” and put in some time on the stage. But when ”the show called and said, ‘Could you start next Monday?’ ” Reckell recounts, ”it took me all of three seconds to say yes.” Days had already gone from fifth to second among soaps — a status that’s certainly been helped by Reckell’s return. If only the Nielsens would remain as lofty as Reckell’s mood. ”My second day back, [costar] Lisa Rinna said, ‘Peter, could you try to come down from the ceiling?’ ”
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!