AGE: 43. OCCUPATION: Best-selling horror novelist, writer-director of fright flicks (Hellraiser, Lord of Illusions) CAME OUT: This spring, in three gay magazines. ”It just seems like a good time to stand up and be counted,” he says. ”It’s important that as many well-known gay men [as possible] say, ‘Yes, I’m gay.’ It doesn’t turn me into someone who’s going to molest your children, folks. It’s just an expression of my nature, and you should stop making a big drama of it.” CAREER IMPACT: ”I don’t think it mattered to anybody, truly,” he says.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Doctor Who': Steven Moffat says 'Heaven Sent' is 'creepiest' episode yet
- Re-live brilliant Bonnaroo moments from Mumford & Sons, D'Angelo, and more in Thanksgiving video
- Which Frankenstein would you date?
- Laurie Metcalf talks Misery villain: 'I'm golden to go as violent as I want'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 5, 'The New Normal'
- Erykah Badu announces release date for new phone-themed mixtape
- The Olsen twins are officially not in 'Fuller House'
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year