AGE: 43. OCCUPATION: Best-selling horror novelist, writer-director of fright flicks (Hellraiser, Lord of Illusions) CAME OUT: This spring, in three gay magazines. ”It just seems like a good time to stand up and be counted,” he says. ”It’s important that as many well-known gay men [as possible] say, ‘Yes, I’m gay.’ It doesn’t turn me into someone who’s going to molest your children, folks. It’s just an expression of my nature, and you should stop making a big drama of it.” CAREER IMPACT: ”I don’t think it mattered to anybody, truly,” he says.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'