AGE: 34. OCCUPATION: Singer-songwriter. DOMESTIC PARTNER: Film director Julie Cypher (Teresa’s Tattoo), ex-wife of Lou Diamond Phillips. CAME OUT: To hundreds of guests at January 1993’s Triangle Ball in D.C., the gay and lesbian inaugural bash. CAREER IMPACT: Hasn’t crimped her ascendancy as a VH1 darling one bit. LYRICAL APPROACH: With titles like ”Yes I Am,” her songs play swell as lesbian anthems — but with no gender-specific pronouns, they’re also straight friendly. WORST TABLOID INDIGNITY: Stories suggesting a romance between her and hunky country star Billy Ray Cyrus.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': That big casualty 'weighs heavy' on Kara
- J.K. Simmons and Julie Delpy lead 'The Bachelors'
- Robert Schwentke drops out as director of final 'Divergent' film, 'Ascendant'
- Will Smith's 'Collateral Beauty' will go head-to-head with 'Rogue One'
- See 100 years of zombie evolution in time-lapse video
- Matt LeBlanc sitcom 'I'm Not Your Friend' gets pilot, series commitment at CBS
- 'The Magicians' postmortem: Does Julia regret nearly killing Quentin?