AGE: 34. OCCUPATION: Singer-songwriter. DOMESTIC PARTNER: Film director Julie Cypher (Teresa’s Tattoo), ex-wife of Lou Diamond Phillips. CAME OUT: To hundreds of guests at January 1993’s Triangle Ball in D.C., the gay and lesbian inaugural bash. CAREER IMPACT: Hasn’t crimped her ascendancy as a VH1 darling one bit. LYRICAL APPROACH: With titles like ”Yes I Am,” her songs play swell as lesbian anthems — but with no gender-specific pronouns, they’re also straight friendly. WORST TABLOID INDIGNITY: Stories suggesting a romance between her and hunky country star Billy Ray Cyrus.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!