AGE: 34. OCCUPATION: Singer-songwriter. DOMESTIC PARTNER: Film director Julie Cypher (Teresa’s Tattoo), ex-wife of Lou Diamond Phillips. CAME OUT: To hundreds of guests at January 1993’s Triangle Ball in D.C., the gay and lesbian inaugural bash. CAREER IMPACT: Hasn’t crimped her ascendancy as a VH1 darling one bit. LYRICAL APPROACH: With titles like ”Yes I Am,” her songs play swell as lesbian anthems — but with no gender-specific pronouns, they’re also straight friendly. WORST TABLOID INDIGNITY: Stories suggesting a romance between her and hunky country star Billy Ray Cyrus.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!