AGE: 34. OCCUPATION: Singer-songwriter. DOMESTIC PARTNER: Film director Julie Cypher (Teresa’s Tattoo), ex-wife of Lou Diamond Phillips. CAME OUT: To hundreds of guests at January 1993’s Triangle Ball in D.C., the gay and lesbian inaugural bash. CAREER IMPACT: Hasn’t crimped her ascendancy as a VH1 darling one bit. LYRICAL APPROACH: With titles like ”Yes I Am,” her songs play swell as lesbian anthems — but with no gender-specific pronouns, they’re also straight friendly. WORST TABLOID INDIGNITY: Stories suggesting a romance between her and hunky country star Billy Ray Cyrus.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!