AGE: 34. OCCUPATION: Singer-songwriter. DOMESTIC PARTNER: Film director Julie Cypher (Teresa’s Tattoo), ex-wife of Lou Diamond Phillips. CAME OUT: To hundreds of guests at January 1993’s Triangle Ball in D.C., the gay and lesbian inaugural bash. CAREER IMPACT: Hasn’t crimped her ascendancy as a VH1 darling one bit. LYRICAL APPROACH: With titles like ”Yes I Am,” her songs play swell as lesbian anthems — but with no gender-specific pronouns, they’re also straight friendly. WORST TABLOID INDIGNITY: Stories suggesting a romance between her and hunky country star Billy Ray Cyrus.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elon Musk endorsement spikes sales for out-of-print 1929 history book
- 'RHONJ': Melissa Gorga tells husband Joe to 'man up'
- Logan Lerman: 'It's my job as an actor to battle your apathy'
- WATCH: Matt Damon on why 'Jason Bourne' took so long
- My Chemical Romance's 'The Black Parade' reissue gets release date
- Troian Bellisario says Taylor Swift promotes 'false feminism'
- Kenny Chesney and Pink share longing duet 'Setting the World on Fire'