Jean Carper, a former medical correspondent for CNN and the author of the best-seller Food — Your Miracle Medicine, has now entered the highly lucrative territory staked out by Deepak Chopra (Ageless Body, Timeless Mind). If you want to Stop Aging Now!, however, you’d better have plenty of cupboard space: Carper lists a staggering number of vitamins and minerals that need to be consumed in order to remain spry. (Magnesium supplements, anyone?) Readers sure seem to be gobbling it up, though: There are 170,000 copies of the book in print after six pressruns.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Les Miserables' actor Kyle-Jean Baptiste dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!