Jean Carper, a former medical correspondent for CNN and the author of the best-seller Food — Your Miracle Medicine, has now entered the highly lucrative territory staked out by Deepak Chopra (Ageless Body, Timeless Mind). If you want to Stop Aging Now!, however, you’d better have plenty of cupboard space: Carper lists a staggering number of vitamins and minerals that need to be consumed in order to remain spry. (Magnesium supplements, anyone?) Readers sure seem to be gobbling it up, though: There are 170,000 copies of the book in print after six pressruns.
Posted September 8 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors