Blue In The Face (R) The second collaboration between director Wayne Wang and novelist-screenwriter Paul Auster is set in the same cozy-seedy Brooklyn cigar store that served as the hub for their art-house hit, Smoke. This time, no one’s minding the store. Shot in less than seven days, Blue in the Face is a semi-improvisatory funk vaudeville — a rambling series of actors’ riffs on the Brooklyn state of mind. Wang and Auster throw fragmentary comic bits in the air like so much confetti, hoping that the result coheres into a rowdy cinematic block party. It doesn’t, but there are some highlights. Lou Reed proves a zestfully dry raconteur, and director Jim Jarmusch disarms the film’s contortions with his relaxed wit. But most of the actors seem stranded in a sitcom without a situation. C
Blue in the Face Blue In The Face (R) The second collaboration between director Wayne Wang and novelist-screenwriter Paul Auster is set in the same cozy-seedy...Blue in the FaceComedyR Blue In The Face (R) The second collaboration between director Wayne Wang and novelist-screenwriter Paul Auster is set in the same cozy-seedy...1995-10-27Jim Jarmusch
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Paul Auster, Roseanne Barr, Michael J. Fox, Harvey Keitel, Madonna, Lou Reed, Jim Jarmusch; Director: Paul Auster, Wayne Wang; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!