This week, we’ll try to accentuate the positive. Bad News: Grant Aleksander, who has been riveting lately on All My Children as a malevolent, philandering businessman — he breathed new life into a stale sleeping-with-the-mother-in-law plot — will be leaving Pine Valley this month. Good News: Although his agent denies it, rumor has it he’ll return to his old stomping grounds on Guiding Light. Bad: Talented General Hospital scribe Claire Labine, who helped resuscitate the once-ailing show, will check out of the Hospital in January. Good: She’s been asked to develop a daytime drama at NBC. Bad: What’s with this ridiculous Amish story line on Guiding Light? They’re trying for Witness, but it’s really Witless. Good: At least the story brought Reva, played terrifically by three-time Emmy winner Kim Zimmer, back from the dead.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC