This week, we’ll try to accentuate the positive. Bad News: Grant Aleksander, who has been riveting lately on All My Children as a malevolent, philandering businessman — he breathed new life into a stale sleeping-with-the-mother-in-law plot — will be leaving Pine Valley this month. Good News: Although his agent denies it, rumor has it he’ll return to his old stomping grounds on Guiding Light. Bad: Talented General Hospital scribe Claire Labine, who helped resuscitate the once-ailing show, will check out of the Hospital in January. Good: She’s been asked to develop a daytime drama at NBC. Bad: What’s with this ridiculous Amish story line on Guiding Light? They’re trying for Witness, but it’s really Witless. Good: At least the story brought Reva, played terrifically by three-time Emmy winner Kim Zimmer, back from the dead.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!