This week, we’ll try to accentuate the positive. Bad News: Grant Aleksander, who has been riveting lately on All My Children as a malevolent, philandering businessman — he breathed new life into a stale sleeping-with-the-mother-in-law plot — will be leaving Pine Valley this month. Good News: Although his agent denies it, rumor has it he’ll return to his old stomping grounds on Guiding Light. Bad: Talented General Hospital scribe Claire Labine, who helped resuscitate the once-ailing show, will check out of the Hospital in January. Good: She’s been asked to develop a daytime drama at NBC. Bad: What’s with this ridiculous Amish story line on Guiding Light? They’re trying for Witness, but it’s really Witless. Good: At least the story brought Reva, played terrifically by three-time Emmy winner Kim Zimmer, back from the dead.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney in London to play a Beatles classic: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- John Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind' subject, dies
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!