Which is America’s real national pastime — baseball or watching NBC’s Thursday-night lineup? The debate rages on, as ER (1st) and Seinfeld (2nd) outdrew the beginning of the World Series. But game two (3rd) between the Cleveland Indians and the Atlanta Braves edged out Friends (4th) and Caroline in the City (6th), and game one (7th) beat The Single Guy (9th). Tuesday’s conclusion of the American League championship series (12th) cut into Tony Danza’s new ABC sitcom, Hudson Street (22nd). On a baseball-free Friday, the arson-themed season premiere of NBC’s Homicide (54th) torched CBS’ American Gothic (75th). And ABC better move Murder One (78th); it lost to both ER and CBS’ 48 Hours (61st).
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!