Which is America’s real national pastime — baseball or watching NBC’s Thursday-night lineup? The debate rages on, as ER (1st) and Seinfeld (2nd) outdrew the beginning of the World Series. But game two (3rd) between the Cleveland Indians and the Atlanta Braves edged out Friends (4th) and Caroline in the City (6th), and game one (7th) beat The Single Guy (9th). Tuesday’s conclusion of the American League championship series (12th) cut into Tony Danza’s new ABC sitcom, Hudson Street (22nd). On a baseball-free Friday, the arson-themed season premiere of NBC’s Homicide (54th) torched CBS’ American Gothic (75th). And ABC better move Murder One (78th); it lost to both ER and CBS’ 48 Hours (61st).
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Volume 1: At the Edge of the Empire'
- Tracy Morgan on 'Today' June 1
- See the cover and an excerpt from Michael Buckley's 'Raging Sea,' book two in the Undertow Trilogy
- Mizgin ditches an ex in 'If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)' video -- exclusive
- U2 pays tribute to deceased tour manager at Los Angeles concert
- Kit Harington and Alicia Vikander are a darling 'Testament of Youth' in exclusive clip