It’s been a seller’s paradise for Almost Adam, a novel by Romanian writer Petru Popescu about a paleo-anthropologist’s discovery of a 10-year-old boy in Kenya who’s a member of a protohuman species thought to have been extinct for 3 million years. Just hours after the ”missing link” manuscript hit Hollywood on Sept. 27, Twentieth Century Fox preempted the competition with its $1.5 million offer. Then publisher William Morrow did the same for book rights with a $1.75 million bid. Morrow plans to publish Adam in fall ‘96; the film is due out sometime in ‘97.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt