It’s been a seller’s paradise for Almost Adam, a novel by Romanian writer Petru Popescu about a paleo-anthropologist’s discovery of a 10-year-old boy in Kenya who’s a member of a protohuman species thought to have been extinct for 3 million years. Just hours after the ”missing link” manuscript hit Hollywood on Sept. 27, Twentieth Century Fox preempted the competition with its $1.5 million offer. Then publisher William Morrow did the same for book rights with a $1.75 million bid. Morrow plans to publish Adam in fall ‘96; the film is due out sometime in ‘97.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Kanye West teases 'Only One' video on 'Ellen'
- Discovery expands Shark Week to biggest event yet -- exclusive
- First Look: Jamie Dornan in 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Do you need to watch 'Breaking Bad' before 'Better Call Saul'?
- Watch the 'Mean Girls' iOS video game trailer -- exclusive