It’s been a seller’s paradise for Almost Adam, a novel by Romanian writer Petru Popescu about a paleo-anthropologist’s discovery of a 10-year-old boy in Kenya who’s a member of a protohuman species thought to have been extinct for 3 million years. Just hours after the ”missing link” manuscript hit Hollywood on Sept. 27, Twentieth Century Fox preempted the competition with its $1.5 million offer. Then publisher William Morrow did the same for book rights with a $1.75 million bid. Morrow plans to publish Adam in fall ‘96; the film is due out sometime in ‘97.
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch