Mad Love Chris O’Donnell, Drew Barrymore (1995, Touchstone, PG-13, priced for rental) Can a teenage manic-depressive girl and her blindly devoted boyfriend find true romance on the run? Not in this movie. Although Barrymore and O’Donnell make a combustible pair, their characters have nowhere to go. As they flee cops and parents in a stolen car, she keeps acting crazier, and he keeps ignoring the obvious. By the time they reach their dead end in a seedy motel room, we’ve given up on them both. Not surprisingly, Mad Love quickly stalled during its theatrical release last spring, and with better love-on-the-run films on the shelves (including Barrymore’s Guncrazy), why bother with this retread? C-
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Drew Barrymore, Chris O'Donnell, Joan Allen, Kevin Dunn, Matthew Lillard, T.J. Lowther; Director: Antonia Bird; Release Date Wide: 05/26/1995; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for Zoolander 2 asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Sarah Michelle Gellar wonders if daughter could be a ‘Future Slayer’
- Ronda Rousey pays tribute to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!