Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of age to a bubblegum soundtrack. Although two actresses play each character (one Now, one Then), none displays more than a single trait. There’s the sourpuss (Demi Moore and Gaby Hoffmann), the glamour-puss (Melanie Griffith and Thora Birch), the good girl (Rita Wilson and Ashleigh Aston Moore), and the tomboy (Rosie O’Donnell and Christina Ricci, the best kid actor since Jodie Foster). But don’t be fooled by the Demi-heavy TV ads — the movie’s 90 percent Then. This treacly concoction doesn’t generate one laugh. And creepily, it flaunts more underage flesh than a Calvin Klein commercial. D
Now and Then Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of...Now and ThenDrama, ComedyPG-13 Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of...1995-11-03
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Ashleigh Aston Moore, Melanie Griffith, Demi Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Christina Ricci, Rita Wilson; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- How Patricia Arquette went from almost becoming a midwife to winning an Oscar
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- Patton Oswalt joins new 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'
- 'Spotlight' team takes a bow at Gotham Awards
- 'Star Wars Battlefront': 'Battle of Jakku' content available today for pre-order players