Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of age to a bubblegum soundtrack. Although two actresses play each character (one Now, one Then), none displays more than a single trait. There’s the sourpuss (Demi Moore and Gaby Hoffmann), the glamour-puss (Melanie Griffith and Thora Birch), the good girl (Rita Wilson and Ashleigh Aston Moore), and the tomboy (Rosie O’Donnell and Christina Ricci, the best kid actor since Jodie Foster). But don’t be fooled by the Demi-heavy TV ads — the movie’s 90 percent Then. This treacly concoction doesn’t generate one laugh. And creepily, it flaunts more underage flesh than a Calvin Klein commercial. D
Now and Then Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of...Now and ThenDrama, ComedyPG-13 Now and Then (New Line, PG-13) It aspires to be a distaff Stand by Me, flashing back to 1970 as four girls come of...1995-11-03
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Ashleigh Aston Moore, Melanie Griffith, Demi Moore, Rosie O'Donnell, Christina Ricci, Rita Wilson; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicholas Hoult will play J.D. Salinger in a new biopic
- Stephen Amell says he'll go for Prime Minister if Kanye West runs for president
- 'SNL': See brand new footage from 'Hobbit Office' starring Martin Freeman
- Kanye as VMAs host in 2016? Not so fast
- Emmys secret ballot: How will Hollywood vote?
- This is what stars looked like at their first VMAs
- Prince talks about his 'experimental' new record 'HITNRUN'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!