Simisle: Missions in the Rainforest (Maxis, CD-ROM for PC, $39.95) In this complex, witty, cleverly detailed simulation, you are the overworked, undertrained governor of any one of 25 tropical islands, deploying a staff of 10 agents to discover and preserve endangered species, establish manufacturing and trade, exploit natural resources, develop cities, safeguard the environment, and encourage tourism. Whew! Unfortunately, this disc juggles too many tasks, incorporating needless videos. As a result my high-end PC locked midway through. Clear-cutting and development kill a rain forest, but nothing is worse than a computer freeze. C+
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Here's how J.K. Rowling responded to Ireland's historic gay marriage vote
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!