Simisle: Missions in the Rainforest (Maxis, CD-ROM for PC, $39.95) In this complex, witty, cleverly detailed simulation, you are the overworked, undertrained governor of any one of 25 tropical islands, deploying a staff of 10 agents to discover and preserve endangered species, establish manufacturing and trade, exploit natural resources, develop cities, safeguard the environment, and encourage tourism. Whew! Unfortunately, this disc juggles too many tasks, incorporating needless videos. As a result my high-end PC locked midway through. Clear-cutting and development kill a rain forest, but nothing is worse than a computer freeze. C+
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!