Simisle: Missions in the Rainforest (Maxis, CD-ROM for PC, $39.95) In this complex, witty, cleverly detailed simulation, you are the overworked, undertrained governor of any one of 25 tropical islands, deploying a staff of 10 agents to discover and preserve endangered species, establish manufacturing and trade, exploit natural resources, develop cities, safeguard the environment, and encourage tourism. Whew! Unfortunately, this disc juggles too many tasks, incorporating needless videos. As a result my high-end PC locked midway through. Clear-cutting and development kill a rain forest, but nothing is worse than a computer freeze. C+
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...