Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (Nintendo, for Super NES, $69.95) It’s been four years since the original Super Mario World for the Super NES, and in that time Nintendo appears to have learned a valuable lesson: that it had better put its microchips in gear before it gets eaten alive by Sony and Sega. Accordingly, Yoshi’s Island is the best Mario adventure yet, a deep, rich, challenging prequel in which a herd of Yoshis (cute little dinosaurs) have to keep a squalling baby Mario out of harm’s way. And the look of this game is amazing — the stages, with their pastel backgrounds and goofy monsters, are like pages from an award-winning children’s book. A
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!