Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (Nintendo, for Super NES, $69.95) It’s been four years since the original Super Mario World for the Super NES, and in that time Nintendo appears to have learned a valuable lesson: that it had better put its microchips in gear before it gets eaten alive by Sony and Sega. Accordingly, Yoshi’s Island is the best Mario adventure yet, a deep, rich, challenging prequel in which a herd of Yoshis (cute little dinosaurs) have to keep a squalling baby Mario out of harm’s way. And the look of this game is amazing — the stages, with their pastel backgrounds and goofy monsters, are like pages from an award-winning children’s book. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars' and his journey to it
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings