Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (Nintendo, for Super NES, $69.95) It’s been four years since the original Super Mario World for the Super NES, and in that time Nintendo appears to have learned a valuable lesson: that it had better put its microchips in gear before it gets eaten alive by Sony and Sega. Accordingly, Yoshi’s Island is the best Mario adventure yet, a deep, rich, challenging prequel in which a herd of Yoshis (cute little dinosaurs) have to keep a squalling baby Mario out of harm’s way. And the look of this game is amazing — the stages, with their pastel backgrounds and goofy monsters, are like pages from an award-winning children’s book. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!