Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (Nintendo, for Super NES, $69.95) It’s been four years since the original Super Mario World for the Super NES, and in that time Nintendo appears to have learned a valuable lesson: that it had better put its microchips in gear before it gets eaten alive by Sony and Sega. Accordingly, Yoshi’s Island is the best Mario adventure yet, a deep, rich, challenging prequel in which a herd of Yoshis (cute little dinosaurs) have to keep a squalling baby Mario out of harm’s way. And the look of this game is amazing — the stages, with their pastel backgrounds and goofy monsters, are like pages from an award-winning children’s book. A
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!