The Wilhelmina Web (http://www.-wilhelmina.com) Ever wonder what goes on inside the average model’s head? Wilhelmina’s vapid site may imply more about the inner workings of its clients’ world than intended. Designed to ”provide information, educational material, news and current trends in the modeling industry,” it’s a site whose primary function is somewhat stylized but uncompelling self-promotion: There’s a news page that spotlights Wilhelmina’s burgeoning TV stars (Beverly Hills, 90210’s Rebecca Gayheart and Central Park West’s Michael Bergin) and a few photos and brief bios on eight models. While wannabes will appreciate the merchandise section, where they can order a backpack ”big enough to carry a portfolio,” or the Wilhelmina Modeling & Acting Dictionary, others won’t find much substance here. C
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!