The Wilhelmina Web (http://www.-wilhelmina.com) Ever wonder what goes on inside the average model’s head? Wilhelmina’s vapid site may imply more about the inner workings of its clients’ world than intended. Designed to ”provide information, educational material, news and current trends in the modeling industry,” it’s a site whose primary function is somewhat stylized but uncompelling self-promotion: There’s a news page that spotlights Wilhelmina’s burgeoning TV stars (Beverly Hills, 90210’s Rebecca Gayheart and Central Park West’s Michael Bergin) and a few photos and brief bios on eight models. While wannabes will appreciate the merchandise section, where they can order a backpack ”big enough to carry a portfolio,” or the Wilhelmina Modeling & Acting Dictionary, others won’t find much substance here. C
Posted November 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!