Rebecca Gayheart — who plays Antonia, Luke Perry’s doomed Mob-princess fiancee on Beverly Hills, 90210 — knew Perry’s last episode would signal her end, too, but she didn’t mind. After all, exec producer Aaron Spelling told her she was the first actress he’d ever hired without meeting. And after starring in the bomb Earth 2, Gayheart, 23, says, ”I wanted a short gig on a visible show. Maybe get a nice career buzz going.” Now the former model and self-described ”Kentucky bumpkin” has more face value than she got from her two-year stint on Loving (”a great gig, but I’d never want to do a soap again”) or her many commercials. ”People always used to think I was either their bank teller or the Noxzema girl. I always got ‘Hey, you’re the girl with the zits, right?’ Not exactly the greatest compliment.”
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Splatoon' impressions: The surprising fun of Nintendo's new shooter
- Jessica Hopper on 'planting a flag' with her new collection of rock criticism
- Amy Schumer, Bill Hader helped Pete Davidson land 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'San Andreas': What did the critics say?
- Bill Cosby bid to nix lawsuit rejected
- Doors' post-Morrison album reissues
- Watch Ed Sheeran's GMA performance right now
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!