Rebecca Gayheart — who plays Antonia, Luke Perry’s doomed Mob-princess fiancee on Beverly Hills, 90210 — knew Perry’s last episode would signal her end, too, but she didn’t mind. After all, exec producer Aaron Spelling told her she was the first actress he’d ever hired without meeting. And after starring in the bomb Earth 2, Gayheart, 23, says, ”I wanted a short gig on a visible show. Maybe get a nice career buzz going.” Now the former model and self-described ”Kentucky bumpkin” has more face value than she got from her two-year stint on Loving (”a great gig, but I’d never want to do a soap again”) or her many commercials. ”People always used to think I was either their bank teller or the Noxzema girl. I always got ‘Hey, you’re the girl with the zits, right?’ Not exactly the greatest compliment.”
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool,' worshipping his daughter, and more
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos