Rebecca Gayheart — who plays Antonia, Luke Perry’s doomed Mob-princess fiancee on Beverly Hills, 90210 — knew Perry’s last episode would signal her end, too, but she didn’t mind. After all, exec producer Aaron Spelling told her she was the first actress he’d ever hired without meeting. And after starring in the bomb Earth 2, Gayheart, 23, says, ”I wanted a short gig on a visible show. Maybe get a nice career buzz going.” Now the former model and self-described ”Kentucky bumpkin” has more face value than she got from her two-year stint on Loving (”a great gig, but I’d never want to do a soap again”) or her many commercials. ”People always used to think I was either their bank teller or the Noxzema girl. I always got ‘Hey, you’re the girl with the zits, right?’ Not exactly the greatest compliment.”
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 5 Seconds of Summer wins 2015 Song of the Summer VMA for 'She's Kinda Hot'
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!