Signs of Life, Werner Herzog’s bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going totally berserk. Herzog’s madman, a German soldier named Stroszek (Brogle), is sent by his superiors to guard a munitions dump on the isolated Greek island of Kos. The scorching heat, the parched landscape, the language barrier, and the prospect of nothing to do — all these things drive the poor fellow out of his gourd. So he threatens to blow the vicinity to kingdom come. This one-man siege turns into a devastatingly amusing one-man show. B+
Signs of Life Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...Signs of LifeForeign LanguageUnrated Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...1995-11-10
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Peter Brogle, Athina Zacharopoulou; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Justified: Watch Raylan's 10 all-time best showdowns
- My Morning Jacket releases spacey "Spring (Among The Living)," second track off upcoming album
- Sequel to Stieg Larsson's Millennium series gets title and cover
- Robin Williams' widow and children agree to mediation over his estate
- Zayn Malik's first solo music leaks
- Exclusive 'Zoo' poster claims that 'the wild shall inherit the earth'
- Trevor Noah faces backlash for old tweets
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!