Signs of Life, Werner Herzog’s bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going totally berserk. Herzog’s madman, a German soldier named Stroszek (Brogle), is sent by his superiors to guard a munitions dump on the isolated Greek island of Kos. The scorching heat, the parched landscape, the language barrier, and the prospect of nothing to do — all these things drive the poor fellow out of his gourd. So he threatens to blow the vicinity to kingdom come. This one-man siege turns into a devastatingly amusing one-man show. B+
Signs of Life Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...Signs of LifeForeign LanguageUnrated Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...1995-11-10
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Peter Brogle, Athina Zacharopoulou; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix renews 'BoJack Horseman,' sets 'Longmire' premiere
- U2 performs 'Two Hearts Beat As One' for the first time in over 25 years
- The story behind new Dr. Seuss book, 'What Pet Should I Get?'
- Jewel announces new album
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!