Signs of Life, Werner Herzog’s bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going totally berserk. Herzog’s madman, a German soldier named Stroszek (Brogle), is sent by his superiors to guard a munitions dump on the isolated Greek island of Kos. The scorching heat, the parched landscape, the language barrier, and the prospect of nothing to do — all these things drive the poor fellow out of his gourd. So he threatens to blow the vicinity to kingdom come. This one-man siege turns into a devastatingly amusing one-man show. B+
Signs of Life Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...Signs of LifeForeign LanguageUnrated Signs of Life, Werner Herzog's bleakly funny first feature starring Peter Brogle and Athina Zacharopoulou is a fantasy about going...1995-11-10
Genre: Foreign Language; Starring: Peter Brogle, Athina Zacharopoulou; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!