Sigourney Weaver had no problem battling acid-dripping Aliens, but the army of ants in her new movie Copycat sent shivers up her spine. For a scene in the serial-killer thriller, Weaver had to lie in bed while a horde of carpenter ants scampered across her body. ”They were all over! And we couldn’t kill any of them,” she says, explaining that ant wrangler Steve Kutcher ”believes in humanity to ants. He wanted us to give them back to him — especially the ones he had defanged.” But Weaver, who’ll next play the Wicked Witch in a live-action version of Snow White, found a way to keep the critters at bay. ”I cheated,” she admits. ”I put two sheets on the bed, one between me and the ants. I didn’t want to go home crying.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!