Sigourney Weaver had no problem battling acid-dripping Aliens, but the army of ants in her new movie Copycat sent shivers up her spine. For a scene in the serial-killer thriller, Weaver had to lie in bed while a horde of carpenter ants scampered across her body. ”They were all over! And we couldn’t kill any of them,” she says, explaining that ant wrangler Steve Kutcher ”believes in humanity to ants. He wanted us to give them back to him — especially the ones he had defanged.” But Weaver, who’ll next play the Wicked Witch in a live-action version of Snow White, found a way to keep the critters at bay. ”I cheated,” she admits. ”I put two sheets on the bed, one between me and the ants. I didn’t want to go home crying.”
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!