Name: Jason Lee. Age: 25. Breakout role: As Brodie in Mallrats, he puts a charming spin on egregious dialogue and seems too good for Shannen Doherty. Make that much too good. Last seen: As a skateboarder in Spike Jonze’s Sonic Youth video ”100 Percent.” Recent achievements: Wed aspiring actress Carmen Lee (formerly Carmen Lewallen); founded skateboard company; now writing a screenplay he’ll direct. Next up: In Kevin Smith’s next two flicks, Chasing Amy, as a famous comic-book artist, and Dogma, as ”the angel of death.” Career advice: Says Mary Vernieu, casting director of Oliver Stone’s Nixon, ”He should try and do a serious dramatic role next to show himself off as an actor. If he does another comedic role, people may not take him as seriously.” Oops.
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Suits' has been renewed
- See the full 'Uncharted 4' behind-closed-doors E3 demo
- Unauthorized Melrose Place Story in the works from Lifetime
- 'Agent Carter' Comic-Con poster, season 2 hints revealed: Peggy lands in Hollywood
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons exit 'Kong'
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!