Name: Jason Lee. Age: 25. Breakout role: As Brodie in Mallrats, he puts a charming spin on egregious dialogue and seems too good for Shannen Doherty. Make that much too good. Last seen: As a skateboarder in Spike Jonze’s Sonic Youth video ”100 Percent.” Recent achievements: Wed aspiring actress Carmen Lee (formerly Carmen Lewallen); founded skateboard company; now writing a screenplay he’ll direct. Next up: In Kevin Smith’s next two flicks, Chasing Amy, as a famous comic-book artist, and Dogma, as ”the angel of death.” Career advice: Says Mary Vernieu, casting director of Oliver Stone’s Nixon, ”He should try and do a serious dramatic role next to show himself off as an actor. If he does another comedic role, people may not take him as seriously.” Oops.
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!