Name: Jason Lee. Age: 25. Breakout role: As Brodie in Mallrats, he puts a charming spin on egregious dialogue and seems too good for Shannen Doherty. Make that much too good. Last seen: As a skateboarder in Spike Jonze’s Sonic Youth video ”100 Percent.” Recent achievements: Wed aspiring actress Carmen Lee (formerly Carmen Lewallen); founded skateboard company; now writing a screenplay he’ll direct. Next up: In Kevin Smith’s next two flicks, Chasing Amy, as a famous comic-book artist, and Dogma, as ”the angel of death.” Career advice: Says Mary Vernieu, casting director of Oliver Stone’s Nixon, ”He should try and do a serious dramatic role next to show himself off as an actor. If he does another comedic role, people may not take him as seriously.” Oops.
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles