Name: Jason Lee. Age: 25. Breakout role: As Brodie in Mallrats, he puts a charming spin on egregious dialogue and seems too good for Shannen Doherty. Make that much too good. Last seen: As a skateboarder in Spike Jonze’s Sonic Youth video ”100 Percent.” Recent achievements: Wed aspiring actress Carmen Lee (formerly Carmen Lewallen); founded skateboard company; now writing a screenplay he’ll direct. Next up: In Kevin Smith’s next two flicks, Chasing Amy, as a famous comic-book artist, and Dogma, as ”the angel of death.” Career advice: Says Mary Vernieu, casting director of Oliver Stone’s Nixon, ”He should try and do a serious dramatic role next to show himself off as an actor. If he does another comedic role, people may not take him as seriously.” Oops.
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Bring It On' cast gets together for spirited EW reunion
- See James Corden as Brad Pitt in 'Seven' for 'Inappropriate Musicals'
- Taylor Swift may take break after '1989' tour
- Kendrick Lamar announces eight-date tour
- Ellen Pompeo dings Daniel Craig over Bond comments
- EW turns 25: See the stars who wished us a happy birthday
- Joshua Malina & Scott Foley talk 'Paris Is Burning' in ‘Folina: A 'Scandal' Hangover Blog’