Describing a videogame as the next Tetris is like calling a rock group the next Beatles — no matter how good the package, it’s never going to duplicate the unique circumstances that made the original such a worldwide smash. Even so, Zoop is pretty darned promising. In this thumb-busting puzzler, you fight off multicolored shapes approaching from four directions on a rectangular grid. Shoot a shape of the same color and you destroy it; shoot a shape of a different color and your ship changes to that color. What with the peppy music and wacky backgrounds (both of which vary from stage to stage), you have a game that, while not quite as addictive as Tetris, is just as much fun. A-
Posted November 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: Tribute to a humane spirit
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'