Describing a videogame as the next Tetris is like calling a rock group the next Beatles — no matter how good the package, it’s never going to duplicate the unique circumstances that made the original such a worldwide smash. Even so, Zoop is pretty darned promising. In this thumb-busting puzzler, you fight off multicolored shapes approaching from four directions on a rectangular grid. Shoot a shape of the same color and you destroy it; shoot a shape of a different color and your ship changes to that color. What with the peppy music and wacky backgrounds (both of which vary from stage to stage), you have a game that, while not quite as addictive as Tetris, is just as much fun. A-
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!