As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound’s much-hyped debut plays almost like a dictionary entry for ”Long Beach rap.” But that doesn’t translate into formula. Although anchored by familiar, rib-shuddering Jeep beats and eerily dazed synths, buckshot rapping spices up Dogg Food’s predominantly loping gait, and soulful R&B swing, touches of dancehall, and old-school vocals look beyond SoCal. The violent posturing and sexual boasts (most comical on ”If We All F—”) will likely irk Dole & Co. But as an album, Dogg Food should give indigestion only to the already constipated.
Dogg Food As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound's much-hyped debut plays almost like a...Dogg FoodHip-Hop/Rap As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound's much-hyped debut plays almost like a...1995-11-17
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Death Row Records, Interscope, Priority
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!