As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound’s much-hyped debut plays almost like a dictionary entry for ”Long Beach rap.” But that doesn’t translate into formula. Although anchored by familiar, rib-shuddering Jeep beats and eerily dazed synths, buckshot rapping spices up Dogg Food’s predominantly loping gait, and soulful R&B swing, touches of dancehall, and old-school vocals look beyond SoCal. The violent posturing and sexual boasts (most comical on ”If We All F—”) will likely irk Dole & Co. But as an album, Dogg Food should give indigestion only to the already constipated.
Dogg Food As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound's much-hyped debut plays almost like a...Dogg FoodHip-Hop/Rap As might be expected from its pedigree — producer Dat Nigga Daz (Delmar Arnaud) — Tha Dogg Pound's much-hyped debut plays almost like a...1995-11-17
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Producer (group): Death Row Records, Interscope, Priority
Posted November 17 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...